Home Owners Insurance

buying a house?

Buying a home in Austin, TX, is a huge step from renting. Suddenly, you can make all the changes you want. You can begin to build equity. You can be confident that your home will be yours as long as you want to live there. With all of these benefits, you want to protect your investment by ensuring it stays at its best quality. As the prices climb in Austin, you can rest easy knowing that your home sweet home is protected.


When you leap from being a renter to a homeowner in Austin, there are many new responsibilities. You’ll need to be responsible for maintenance, renovations, and damages. If your house is majorly damaged, you may not have the resources to repair it.  Houses can be expensive to fix, which is why you need homeowner’s insurance.

Unlike auto insurance, homeowner’s insurance is not legally required; however, almost everyone needs to carry it. If you cannot afford to lose your home’s full value and cover any injury or death that another person may suffer on your property, you need homeowner’s insurance.

get a quote

    Insurance Type:

    Auto InsuranceHomeowners InsuranceCommercial General LiabilityCommercial AutoWorker's CompensationPet InsuranceCommercial PropertyProfessional Liability

    What homeowners insurance covers

    Homeowners insurance protects you from two major costs. The first is costs due to damages to your home, such as weather damage or theft. The second type of protection is less obvious – it also covers costs related to injury to other people.

    There are many different kinds of homeowners’ insurance that you might need depending on your particular situation. Your VOS insurance agent can help you figure out precisely what you need. This will depend on your financial situation and which kind of Austin home you have chosen.

    Houses are unique; so are homeowners insurance policies. If you have purchased an investment property and will be a landlord, you will need a specific policy type. If you’ve bought a condo, you will need a particular type of policy, called an HO-6, which covers personal property and the condo’s interior. There’s no need to insure for exterior damage because your HOA will cover the building’s exterior.

    If you are a renter, you still need insurance, although it is not called homeowner’s insurance. HO-4 coverage is less expensive than homeowner’s insurance and only covers your personal property.

    Homeowners insurance can be very confusing, and different kinds of insurance cover different types of claims. You do not want to take the risk of thinking that you are insured and then discovering when a tree falls through your roof, or a flood ruins your basement that you were not covered.

    Choose VOS Insurance

    No matter where you live in Austin, VOS insurance can help you get the home insurance that you need. We will get to know your unique property and needs and help you purchase the home insurance policy that is right for you.